background

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Feeling of a Gift


So my little princess had a rough night last night, which of course means mommy had a rough night as well.  This night, however gave me a gift, inspite of losing sleep.  At 4am, little A woke up and was screaming (not normal, by the way....crying yes, screaming, not so much). So I flew out of bed, effectively take about 5 years off of my life, terrified something was wrong.  Of course there wasn't, she had just hit herself in the face with her cup and scared herself.  So I got her all settled down and back in bed, and I went back to bed to try and come down off of my adrenaline rush.  I of course didn't go back to sleep until about 5am, when just as I am dosing off, she starts screaming again.  So I run in and hear the same story, though this time, she seems a bit more upset.  So I went and got my pillow and crawled into bed with her.  I put on the music and went to close my eyes when I looked at her liitle body all curled up beside me.  Her back curved, her knees to her chest and it just hit me.....this is what a blessing looked like!  I don't think I will ever forget how she looked as she drifted off into dreams, and how her hair smelled, and most of all, how I felt completely overwhelmed with love for her.  These days are so short and pass by so quickly.  Someday soon, she won't call for me during the night anymore, or want me to kiss her scraped knees, or love to cuddle up with me to watch a movie.  But I know I will hold onto this memory of her for as long as I live.  Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this beautiful, lively, animated, loving, precious gift!  She makes me want to be a better person and present her a world worthy of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment