background

Monday, February 22, 2010

Wow

I found this on For The Love Of Naps blog today and had to repost it.  So true!


"The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less.”



-Anna Quindlen(Loud and Clear [2004], 10–11




I think that says it all!



5 comments:

  1. Addie ate a LOT of cupcake that day! Her first! :)
    So, I am guessing she did not sleep? Lol!

    Just kidding, what a nice reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. It just reminds me how time flies and how I need to slow down to enjoy the little ones as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via MBC!! =) and I LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really need to live in the moments because they are what life is worth living for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete