background

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ways To Help

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.....I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for Me."
Matthew 25:35-36 &40

Well, I know I have a whopping 3 friends on here, but 3 more people to help is better than nothing.  It may mean 3 more people have a chance and living another day.  I'm sure everyone has heard about the tragedy in Haiti.  Right now, the Nesting Place blog has started a website to help raise both awareness and funds for the people of Haiti.  Pop on over to Hope For Haiti  and see how you can help.  There are raffles....$1 equals 1 raffle ticket.  They are also looking for people to donate items to be raffled off as well.  Anything would help.  God bless you all!!!



haiti17.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Hi there!

    I volunteer for Children's HopeChest and Tom Davis asked that I say thanks for expressing interest in his book "Scared" through the She Reads website! Having gone to Africa with HopeChest recently I know that the things Tom writes about in "Scared" are very real, very heart breaking situations for so many orphans in Africa right now. It's easy to feel paralyzed by the problems these children face, but I have come to realize that it takes so little to make a difference in an orphan's life. Children's HopeChest has lots of opportunities for you to be involved in impacting a child's life. If you'd like to learn more, email brandi@hopechest.org to find out how you might help bring hope to an orphan or visit www.hopechest.org. Thanks again for your inerest in "Scared". The more we open ourselves up to embrace God's heart for the least of these, the more our lives are transformed into His likeness. God bless!

    ReplyDelete