background

Monday, December 28, 2009

Bad Idea

Ah, yes....shopping done, check.  Presents wapped, check.  Christmases (yes, I do mean plural) with all families, check.  Toddler addicted to unwrapping presents, check.  Very large cocktail in hand, check, check!  I love the holidays.  I have great excuses to have as many big girl drinks as I want.....and these are in no particular order:
1.  I wrapped what felt like 900 presents and my hands felt like they might fall off
2.  I sat in a car with a 2 year old for 4 hours twice in one weekend
3.  I went to Louisiana (this is a dig on the state itself, and not my in laws, in case anyone was keeping track)
4.  The hubs and his best friend are hammered and watching football.
5.  I went to Louisiana (yep, this counts twice)
6.  I went to Louisiana (ok, the afore mentioned cocktail may be getting to me)
7.  Did I mention the football thing already?

So on those notes, I am going to go enjoy my lack of responsibility for the next 5 minutes before I give in to the little nagging conscience (picture Jimeny Cricket chirping in my head) reminding me to clean the kitchen and get some sleep so I can be a sober and happy mommy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment