background

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Boring

You know, I never really thought of myself as all crazy or exciting, but I sure as heck didn't think of myself as boring either.....until recently.  I realized that I do nothing.  Nothing, you ask....really?  Yep that's right, nothing.  I do the mommy thing, and the wifey thing, and I think that I do those pretty well.  Or as well as can be expected....neither my husband, nor my daughter have been sold on ebay or to the nearest traveling gypsy, which I think, says a lot!  Now, just to clarify, I do love my mommy and wifey jobs.  But I love being a person too.  Now, granted, I am probably a much milder, PG version of a person than I was in the past.  But for real.  I have no vices, no little crazy fun things that keep me real.  I gave up smoking, drinking, going out anywhere,  wearing pretty panties (if any guys are reading this, please feel free to erase this last statement from your memory).  I worked hard to quit smoking, but stupid as it sounds, these days I miss it.  When I was in my very early 20's, my bestie and I used to drive to the park, sit on top of our car (not in it, of course, because we were still delusional enough to think our parents didn't really know we smoked).  When we lived together, we, along with the other 15 people that lived with us (slight dramatization, possible more on the side of extreme dramatization) would sit out on our porch, on our goofy plastic childrens furniture (which I would now love to still own) and smoke and talk and blah blah blah.  Yes, there was also the whole coughing up a lung and not being able to walk up a flight of stairs without being winded (hey wait, I still can't do that), and of course the smelling like giant ashtray thing(so hot).  But I kind of want to still have something fun or just for me....I am open to suggestions..... bring them


2 comments:

  1. A couple of disclaimer....First, I meant boring as the title....it's 1 AM, kids and that is well past my bed time. Secondly, I know wanting to smoke isn't my smartest idea ever, since I did work hard to quit, but once again, it is 1 in the morning, and sleepy does weird things to me. So don't judge me unless you have a really great replacement idea =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, no judgement here since I have really been wanting to smoke too. It is freaking cold, so that makes it an even crazier longing. It is either the stress relief or the fact that I talk to no one anymore, but that is all I can figure that is motivating it. Not that we should. But if it happened. It is probably a very good thing we are too poor for $7 packs and live 2 hours away is all I am saying.

    ReplyDelete