background

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Spinning



whip_~k0005384.jpgDo you ever feel like your whole world is spinning out of control?  Like those crazy carnival rides that go in circles up and down while your seat turns in circles too? (You know the ones that make you feel like you're going to loose your cotton candy?)  I mean, not very often, but during some moments of pure ignorance and stupidity, I actually start to think that I have things pretty well together and that it will all be just hunky-dory...then WHAM!!!!! And then the world starts spinning in circles and the afore mentioned cotton candy loosing sensation comes into play.  These are the times that I find myself asking God, "Seriously????  Again?"  I know that my faith is being tried (and tried and tried).  I know that there is a time for everything.  I know that my God is so much bigger than the spinning nauscious feeling I have in the pit of my stomach.  I force myself to remember Job and his story.  I mean this poor guy was great...he did it all right, he loved God and obeyed Him....and he didn't even have the Bible.  He just knew!  And then, WHAM!  Right in the kisser!  Lost his house, his kids, his animals, his health, all in one sweeping  blow.  How much better off am I?  I have a roof over my head, and I have my family and my friends aren't looser discouraging kick-him-while-he's-down kind of people.  So what will I do while I'm spinning?  I think I will just try and find a focal point and hold on to my seat and my lunch....and wait out the spinning ride from hell, because, like always, the ride has to end.


No comments:

Post a Comment